Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Portable Worlds Workshop a great success!

Nine participants from across the state who ranged in background from emerging filmmakers to high school teachers, learnt how to create, encode and transfer content onto their mobile phones.

Lisa Harms and Ben Jones were inspiring trainers, with deep understandings of both the commercial and creative potentials of mobile technology.

"The workshop was the best professional learning I’ve had in ages. I learned so much that will be really useful to me in my teaching. I really appreciated the quality of the presenters – they were fantastic, and clearly knew their stuff. It was also really beneficial to me as an IT teacher to get an arts perspective on things as well, that will help me to provide a more rounded education to my students."

- workshop participant Margaret Meijers

No comments: